Meet the Team
Quality, reliable, and meticulous.
Born in Charleston West Virginia, Bill Botkin grew up being a lover of the outdoors. He spent all of his free time hiking, hunting, and fishing in the mountains of West Virginia. He graduated from Charleston Catholic High School and then attended West Virginia University Institute of Technology. He graduated with a Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from their ABET-accredited program.
After graduation he moved to Charlotte, North Carolina and began his career as an Engineer. After working in the commercial industry for several years assisting builders and developers with turn-key projects, he decided to get into residential turn-key products. He now has over a quarter century of field engineering & construction experience in over 50 trades of site construction and landscaping!
Do not display the first open accordion.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering from an ABET-accredited engineering program
- North Carolina Licensed Landscape Contractor
- North Carolina Certified Plant Professional (aka Master Gardener)
- North Carolina Registered Landscape Contractor (predecessor to the NC Landscape Contractor’s License Board)
- North Carolina Licensed Irrigation Contractor
- North Carolina licensed Commercial Building General Contractor
- South Carolina licensed Commercial Building General Contractor
- North Carolina licensed Highway General Contractor
- South Carolina licensed Highway Contractor
- North Carolina licensed Home Inspector
- North Carolina Restricted Plumbing License
- Certified Concrete Pavement Installer by the Interlocking Concrete Pavement Institute
- Charlotte Mecklenburg Utility Department Certified Water Smart Irrigation Auditor
- NC certified Well Seal Installation, Protection, and Sanitation Plumbing Contractor
- Triple certified Water Feature Contractor (Aquascape, IPPCA, & Atlantic Water Gardens)
- Rainbird Select Irrigation Contractor
- Anabec Certified Mold Remediator
- Field Investigator for North Carolina Irrigation Contractor’s Licensure Board & NCDOJ (2010-2016).
- Product & equipment testing and evaluations for some of the country’s largest manufacturers
- Consultant and Qualified Expert for Civil cases involving landscaping & site construction malpractice.
- Project management experience managing up to 10 million dollars in site development projects for land developers,
- Experience designing and building private residential backyard living areas in excess of $350,000.00
- Over a quarter century of field engineering & construction experience in over 50 trades of site construction and landscaping.
- Three years experience as a Geotechnical and Construction Field Engineer on multi-million dollar site development projects for a national professional engineering firm
VP of Operations
Brian, a native of Mint Hill, graduated from Independence High School, attended W.C.U for Business Management, then attended CVCC where he received his degree in Recreational Turf Grass Management with a 4.0 while working as an Assistant Golf Course Superintendent. Brian has owned his own Landscaping Company and has worked for a large landscaping company in Charlotte over the past several years. Brian is a family man. He is a proud husband and father, and he enjoys spending time with his grandbabies who call him “Papa”. You will find him cooking up a delicious meal for family / friends or doing projects outdoors in his free time. Brian is no stranger to hard work and dedication; he is not afraid to take on challenges. He takes pride in his work and it shows. Always willing to take the time to show / teach others what he has learned along the way with patience and understanding. Brian is grateful and blessed for the opportunity to bring his passion to this new adventure with Whispering Pines Landscaping and is looking forward to working with you!
Operations Manager Installation Division
Everyone calls him JB. He loves designing and creating outdoor living spaces. JB has been in the landscaping industry for over 23 years, the last 10 with Whispering Pines Landscaping. He enjoys working to help homeowners realize the vision they have for their homes as he creates and installs some of the most unique landscape and hardscape designs in the region. Outside of work, JB loves spending time with his wife and 4 children. They all love spending time in the mountains and at the beach. His favorite motto is to always treat others with the same respect you would love to be treated with! That is probably why we constantly hear compliments of JB from the many satisfied customers he has worked with. He looks forward to bringing amazing designs to you and your family through Whispering Pines Landscaping!
Operations Manager Maintenance Division
Bradley has been living in the Charlotte area since the age of 6 and is a local graduate of Harding University High School. He has been in the sales management and training profession for over 10 years. He enjoys making sure every customer is 100% satisfied in any interaction he has and prides himself on being the best in the business at it. In his off-time, Bradley enjoys anything car or technology-related. However, he says the most important time spent is with family, friends, and his dog, Eclipse. Bradley understands the true value of leadership, trust, integrity, and possesses the skill set of our business systems and processes. He is committed to helping our customers succeed in their vision for any project they desire and looks forward to helping you cultivate a well-maintained lawn and landscape with Whispering Pines Landscaping!
“Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing.” – Pele
Looking to join the team?
Head over to our careers page to see our open positions and to fill out the application or submit your resume!
Check Us Out in the Limitless Magazine!